Saturday, April 30, 2005

Cocaine Turns To Sugar In Police Custody

Reuters

WARSAW (Reuters) - Polish prosecutors are investigating the disappearance of 20 kg (44 lbs) of cocaine from a police warehouse, where it had been replaced by an identical quantity of sugar, police said on Monday.

Zbigniew Matwiej, spokesman for Poland's organised crime fighting unit, the Central Investigative Bureau, said the switch was discovered when officers were disposing of evidence that had been seized several years ago and used in trials.

"The officers noticed that something suspicious was happening with the drugs and immediately stopped the destruction process. Their suspicions that the material was not in fact cocaine proved to be well founded," Matwiej said.

The lost cocaine had a street value of about $1 million (530 million pounds), according to Polish private television TVN24.

+ + + + +

5 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

This article was really helpful, thanks for posting it. When I needed help with
alcohol intervention I knew that there was help that I could find.

12/14/2011 12:03:00 AM  
Blogger Tina said...

Don’t let coke take over your life. You can get dual diagnosis program help today. Turn to someone who can help.

4/12/2012 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger stacy said...

For over 10 years I was an addict and needed dual diagnosis centers help. When I got the help I needed, I could start living my life again.

5/14/2012 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger Tony Raz said...

This article hit home. When I needed help with alcohol treatment center california I didn’t know where to get help.

7/12/2012 02:20:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Don’t let coke take over your life. You can get low cost rehab centers help today. Turn to someone who can help.

9/20/2012 09:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home