Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Doherty: 'Fame made me an addict'

Ireland On-line

Troubled rocker Pete Doherty blames his celebrity status for his drug addiction, despite claiming he isn't "much of a junkie".

The Babyshambles frontman, who was sentenced to a 12-month community order and a drug rehabilitation programme last week after a drug possession conviction, maintains he will stay clean with an anti-heroin implant.

But he admits that the task would be easier without the pressures and privileges of fame.

He says: "If I was not famous then I would not have the extremes, the corruptness and fortune that led me there in the first place.

"I'm not going to make light of the fact that I've been given a great chance, and take crack and heroin.

"But I want to start a drugs-free life. I wasn't much of a junkie anyway."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home