Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Marijuana use ‘is highest in 30s’

The Border Mail

Australia - Marijuana use is highest among those aged in their 30s, while teenagers are taking notice of advertising campaigns warning of the drug’s harmful effects.

The statistics were used by the Federal Government’s drug policy adviser to highlight the work still needed to be done in the Government’s war on drugs.

“The interesting thing is that there are fewer young people smoking marijuana now,” John Herron said.

“It’s an older cohort.

“In fact, the main cohort is the 30 to 39-year-olds ... the dominant ones, who I think escaped that sort of era of being concerned about it.”

He said one of the problems was the availability of marijuana and the number of people who used it in association with other illicit substances.

“There’s something like a 40 per cent overlap in the sense that not only are they on marijuana, they might be taking ecstasy or amphetamines, drinking alcohol as well, and all this is contributing to things like road deaths.”

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do these australian kids not have the internet or what? marijuana is not bad for you....

4/30/2008 06:36:00 PM  
Blogger Dallas said...

This article hit home. When I needed to go to dual diagnosis treatment I found that these guys were caring and compassionate.

6/23/2011 01:19:00 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

If you’re looking for orange county caregivers then make sure you work with people you can trust.

12/13/2011 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger Tony Raz said...

When I was looking for help with dual disorders I didn’t know where to turn. I finally went with this center and they helped me save my life.

5/30/2012 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Tony Raz said...

We all need help sometimes and when I needed dual diagnosis centers help. I knew there was somewhere I could turn.

8/22/2012 09:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home